jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Saturday, July 4, 2015

In need of a few profound words

Last weekend, we participated in the New England Coalition for Cancer Survivorship's annual Take the Lake event. It is a family friendly fundraiser - 25 mile bike ride or 3 mile run/walk around a local lake. In my normal healthy manner, I convinced my husband to walk around the lake for the exercise while I took care of fundraising and selling raffle tickets at the event.

As an incentive to all the fundraisers, anyone raising more than $500 got a commemorative brick in Boston's Garden of Hope in conjunction with the Conquer Cancer Coalition. That seemed a little far off for me but we actually did raise an ample amount to get a brick. Now the question:

WHAT THE HELL DO WE WRITE ON THE DAMN BRICK?

It will leave a eternal lasting impression in Boston's City Hall Plaza and will be seen by many people over the ensuing centuries. Or maybe I am too optimistic and I should say decades. But still it will be brick and be here for a really long time.

We have 12 days to figure this out. I need inspiration. Four lines, 21 characters (including spaces) each.

All I have come up with so far is:

Remembering Those
Who Went Before Us

And then our names (which do not fit on one line)

What would you write? Its not about us. I know too many people who have died of cancer to list them all and to list only one or two would be skewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment