jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Snake oil or good treatment?

Every so often I become a skeptic, well maybe a bit more frequently, but sometimes I am just not sure what I think of new treatment options. And here is an example.

Women with dense breasts run a higher risk of breast cancer being detected later as opposed to sooner as the density makes it more difficult to detect tumors by mammography. So in Australia, there is a new treatment for women with dense breasts. It is an implantable tablet that is placed under the skin and lasts for about four months before they need to go through it again. It has two benefits - reducing breast density and to reduce perimenopausal symptoms. You can see a video on it here and visit their website for more information here.

But its hormones - testosterone and others. Its called T+Ai.... Me I am not a big fan of hormone treatments after what happened to women who were treated with them in the 1980s and 1990s and then found it lead to higher rates of breast cancer. I know testosterone is not a breast cancer hormone per se but I feel it would be messing with my body's balance too much. And if it reduces breast density it is making a permanent change in your body which can't be undone.

It sounds good and could help women be able to detect breast cancer sooner. But is it fear mongering? OMG, you have dense breasts and that means you will get breast cancer and die because it won't be detected early no matter what you do?!!!! Maybe for high risk women with dense breasts but not for huge groups of women.

So my jury, of one, is still out on this one. I am a skeptic.

No comments:

Post a Comment