jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Be Bold, Be Bald Day

October 17th is national be bold, be bald day (www.beboldbebald.org). I had never heard of it before this morning but its the 6th annual. I am not so sure how I feel about this.

If you are a supporter, you get to wear a lovely bald cap (which looks nothing like a bald head) to show your support of people who have lost their hair as a result of cancer treatment. Once you sign up you can order your kit of a bald cap and sign up sheets or you can order bulk quantities of bald caps for your team.

You can sign up your organization to be a beneficiary of the BBBB effort. Then you will receive about 75% of what was raised by your supporters.

I have decided I have two problems with this effort:
  1. All the smiling people wearing ugly bald caps over long hair do not make me think of cancer patients. 
  2. 25% of the amounts raised don't make it to you.
I have a friend of mine who shaved his head to show support for someone with cancer. That is what I call bald. But it still doesn't have that chemo pallor we all know and love. And its not worth 25% of your money to wear an ugly bald cap.


How ugly are these bald caps? this is a picture of actress Kathy Bates wearing one of these.


Now that I have written all this I guess I have decided I don't really like this much at all. I like the solidarity but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment