jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Thursday, October 15, 2015

a relative accomplishment

I just got back from riding my bike to and from the hospital to have blood work done. It's pretty cold out there (3C or 37.5F), so I was feeling pretty tough - like a real cyclist with frozen fingertips.

When I came to the big hill just before the hospital, I passed a man riding on the sidewalk. "it's pretty steep," he said, as I edged past.

"It is," I laughed. I admit that I was feeling pretty smug.

Then he took the wind out of my sails. "At 85 years old, it keeps getting a little harder."

When we reached the top of the hill, we had to stop at the lights. He kept chatting, while I had to gulp for air before I could respond.

When the lights turned green, he sailed past me, seemingly fully recovered from the climb.

Maybe I need more air in my tires. Yeah, that's it. Or maybe I need to tackle that hill more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment