jual kayu murah menerima order bahan

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

advice (with the benefit of hindsight)

Last week, the Centretown Buzz (an Ottawa community paper) asked me to write the article that "I wish I could have read when I was first diagnosed."



It's on the front page of this week's issue, and begins like this:



On December 1st, 2005, I found a lump in my breast, as I was getting undressed. One month later, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was 38 years old, with two young kids and a very hectic life. I felt completely blind-sided.

Almost four years later, and with the benefit of hindsight, I share some advice for others who find themselves in my situation.



As I looked back on the last few years, the following key points best summarize my advice:



Bring someone with you to appointments, especially in the beginning.



Be your own advocate.



Be nice to the admin staff and nurses.



Don’t compare yourself to anyone else.



Let others help you.



Never give up hope.



The entire article is online, so you can read it for yourself.



Let me know what you think. And if you've been there, please don't hesitate to share some of your hard-earned experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment